Monday 12 May 2014

Around my home: Childs room

 When decorating my daughters room i know i didn't want it to be a generic pink fest of a girls room, full of sparkles and princesses. Nothing wrong with that, just not my taste. We decided to go for lots of bright pictures of animals. It started with these two. We found them at a car boot, and they"re actually place-mats. I just gaffer taped some string to the back and hooked them to the wall!


 Next came these two, Bought from the amazing Pineapple retro in the new forest, well worth a visit if you're in the area. They're actually 1970's unused greeting cards by illustrator Gwyneth Mamlok. These are the first two we've framed but  ive got some more as well.....


Then along came these guys! These are my daughters absolute favorites!

I bought three Jan Pieńkowski wall murals from a local charity shop. Jan Pieńkowski is a Polish-born  author and illustrator of children's books , most famous for the Meg and Mog books he created with Helen Nicoll. I remember reading these books when i was a child.
Below are the other two murals we have, weather and homes.

  Carrying on with the Jan Pieńkowsk theme i have a 'cuckootape' this is a measuring tape for sewing but i'm thinking of turning it into a height chart.



No comments:

Post a Comment